Heat Oven to 350 F & Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Mix the following in a large bowl:
- 1/2 cup date puree (see below)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed (or any seeds dried fruits you like)
- 1/2 cup large flake oats
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour (or flour of your choice e.g. almond)
- 1/4 cup black chia seeds
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (optional but yummy).
Make Date puree: -* Use 250g (1 1/2 cups) of pitted dates with 1 cup water in the microwave for 3-4 mins. Alternatively lightly boil dates in the water on the stove top til soft. Puree with a hand blender or mash well by hand for a smoothish texture
Mix well and spread onto the baking sheet. Press firmly down.
Bake for 20 minutes, let cool for a little bit then slice into bars.
Keeps well in the fridge for about 1 week or a couple months in the freezer. This batch makes about 16 bars if you slice them thin (approx 100 calories in a bar).