- Cold crisp green beans
- Cold lentil & wheat kernel and vegetable mix
- Grilled marinated organic chicken
Cold Crisp Green Beans:
- Blanch beans in boiling water for 1-2 mins then immediately put in a bowl of ice water to keep them crisp. Once beans are cooled drain and place them in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl mix 2-3 tablespoons of raw sesame seeds, sunflowers & pumpkin seeds – pan fry until lightly toasted. Let cool
- Mix 2 tablespoons each of: balsamic vinegar, tablespoons olive oil, Add 1 tablespoon each of yogurt, honey, dijon mustard & fresh lemon juice.
- Just before serving pour some of the dressing over beans and add a few tablespoons of seed mix.
Cold lentil & Wheat salad:
- Cook Wheat kernels like brown rice (1 cup grain, 2 cups water -for approximately 35-45 mins) they will be slightly crunchy.
- Dice 1/2 cucumber, red or orange peppers, red onion (any seasonal veggies), 1/2 cup diced feta, 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint.
- 1 can lentils drained.
- Mix 4 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 teaspoons of dijon mustard.
- Mix cooled cooked wheat kernals with lentils, veggies and dressing. (keeps in fridge for a couple of days).
Fact: Wheat Berries are a whole grain, they contain the bran, germ and endosperm, it has a concentrated amount of iron (reduce anemia), fiber (weight loss & lower blood sugar), manganese (bone cartilage and collagen).